Eligibility and Application
Dynamic Compression Summer School
Who is Eligible
This opportunity is for students who are currently registered at a four year college/university and who are considering further studies in the fields of physics, chemistry, materials science, geo/planetary science, solid mechanics, or related field. In addition, students must be U.S. citizens or have U.S. permanent residency status.
Enrollment and Support Details
- Enrollment is limited to 25 students
- Lodging and meals provided
- Travel support up to $500 is available
- Complete the online application form: Found Here.
- Arrange for one letter of recommendation from a faculty member at your college or university who can account for your academic and research abilities, experience, and potential. The letter of recommendation may be sent to Dr. James Hawreliak, Director of Dynamic Compression Summer School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your unofficial transcript in PDF form.
Please send the above items to: email@example.com.
Acceptance decisions will be made shortly after the deadline, and until positions are filled. Successful applicants will be notified via email at that time.
If you have any questions about the Dynamic Compression Summer School or the application process, please contact:
Assistant to the Director
Due to extenuating circumstances, the 2022 DCSS has been cancelled. Please check back for more information about a 2023 DCSS.