Continuum-to-atomic level understanding of condensed matter phenomena is the pervading scientific theme of research activities that emphasize integration of innovative shock wave and static high pressure experiments with theoretical and computational advances.
- Multidisciplinary efforts combining knowledge from physics, chemistry, materials science, mechanics, and applied mathematics to address the scientific challenges.
- Fundamental understanding through real-time measurements at different length scales.
- Novel experimental developments and measurements.
- Theory and computations at different length scales.
- Strong coupling between shock wave and static pressure research.